This was an exciting year for me on the career and running front. I hope everyone is taking some time to reflect on their year.
Here is mine:
- Ran my first marathon!!!
- Joined a running team (for the first time in 5 years) Stevenson Performance Running www.runwithspr.com. I have absolutely loved it and you can see below it has been working!
- Ran in the elite category in a variety of races
- Ran 5 personal best times!!!
- Full- 2:56.49 (Ottawa), Half- 1:19.48 (STWM), 10k- 35:56.1 (Toronto Yonge St), 5k- 17:38.1 (Women’s Run) then two weeks later 17:08.1 (B&O)
- Now working at two chiropractic jobs in the city (Toronto)
- Landed my dream job working with all different levels of runners at The Runner’s Academy. Helping people to keep running and showing them how to run better!
- Selected to be a volunteer chiropractor at the Toronto 2015 Pan Am games in summer 2015 http://www.toronto2015.org/volunteer (Join me!!)
Other exciting endeavors:
- I did two running photo shoots
- Hope to do more of this in the future
- Started to be involved with a documentary on early onset alzheimer’s called ‘Much Too Young’ with Chris Wynn
Looking ahead to 2015:
- Running The Boston Marathon
- Running the Cabot Trail Relay with SPR in hopes of winning and breaking the all female record
- Fundraising for the Boston Marathon in honour of my dad for the research department at the Alzheimer’s Society https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/TeamFundraisingPage.aspx?teamID=583381&langPref=en-CA&Referrer=%26Referrer%3dhttp%253a%252f%252fwww.memorymakersforalzheimers.ca%252f
- Taking part in a documentary about early onset alzheimer’s from the perspective of the children called Much Too Young with Chris Wynn https://www.facebook.com/pages/Much-Too-Young/696273550442357
Goals for 2015:
- Strength training- at least 1x/wk
- Run a PB in the marathon
- Run with as many different Toronto run crews as possible
- Sleep more- 7-9 hrs/night
- Continue to grow my chiropractic practice and be involved in the Toronto running scene
- Blog more- at least 1x/mo
- Be more consistent with book keeping
*See my next post for some tips on goal setting!
Let’s do this!!! 2015 is going to be a GREAT year!!!
All the best to everyone!!!